We’re the Westchester / Playa HomeTown News!
Since 2002, the HomeTown News has informed and connected readers in our coverage areas of Westchester, Playa del Rey, Playa Vista, and Marina del Rey.
Our mission is and always has been to focus on hyper-local positive news, and there’s nothing we love more than spotlighting all the great things that go on in our community.
Some of our favorite things:
- Featuring community members so they can share their stories
- Highlighting local families in “In your hometown with…”
Building C ommunity P artnerships Supporting our local businesses Covering news, events and doing features!
The Hometown News is the premier community newspaper for people who live and work in our coverage area.
Our circulation is 16,000, and our publication is the only local paper delivered to single-family homes in Westchester/Playa and local businesses!
Our vision is simple: We seek to unite and strengthen the sense of community in our coverage area through focusing on the positive news that impacts our readers. With a strong pulse on the community, we are proud to be a sought-after source for local news, human-interest features, event coverage and business features.
- Community Builder Honoree, Airport Marina Counseling Service
- Public Relations Honoree, LAX Coastal Chamber
- Friends of Education Honoree, LAX Coastal Education Committee
- Outstanding Service Award, LAX Coastal Chamber
This is your neighborhood and your news.
Look for the HomeTown News the first Thursday of every month.
The Hometown News is a proud supporter of the community it covers!
We support our community by:
- Sponsoring and supporting more than 20 local organizations and events including the Fourth of July Parade, the Westchester Arts & Music Block Party, Teacher Eddy Awards, Airport Marina Counseling Service, Del Rey American Little League, Westchester Del Rey Little League, AYSO and more.
- Serving on committees and boards that help strengthen our community.
- Providing free space for our local schools to share news, events and successes.
- Sharing people’s stories through our community spotlights, “In your hometown with…” and other features.
We support businesses by:
- Creating the community’s first Best Of list to recognize the area’s top businesses and organizations.
- Spotlighting businesses each month in our publication.
- Being a resource for advertising, sponsorship opportunities and collaborations.
- Collaborating with business leaders and the LAX Coastal Chamber.